"Human" by Katoni
- A very ordinary class, without any enhancements or drawbacks.
- Good for
players who are new to MUD games in general.
Half-Elves are the most common of the mixed race beings, generally being a human/elf crossbreed. Half-Elves are usually much more like their elven parents in appearance. They are handsome folk, with the good features of each of their races. A half-elf tends to find their own identity lacking. They have traits of both races, yet keep true to none for themselves. They age faster than an elf, but slower than a human which makes for some confusing moments in life. Curious and ambitious, most half-elves tend to try and make the most of the life they are given.
- Stat Modifications:
Str: -2, Con: +2, Int: -1, Wis: +1
- Available Classes: Mage, Cleric, Thief, Warrior, Druid, Ranger, Nec, Shaman
"Half-Elf" by Katoni
Taunted by other races for their unnaturally small height, dwarves prefer
to live alone in the sanctuaries of their mountain caves. Very stocky
by nature, dwarves make excellent fighters, with their high stamina and
natural resistance to magical attacks, but as an average they lack the
intellect possessed by many of the other races throughout the lands.
"Dwarf" by Katoni
- +25% added to their save vs spell.
- Highest maximum of saving over other races.
- Forge: Allows a dwarf to forge specific equipment
- Stat Mods: Con: +2, Int: -2
- Classes: Cleric, Thief, Warrior, Ranger, Vampire, Werewolf, Monk
Of a height similar to those known as dwarves, halflings, often also called
hobbits, are a small, fun loving race of people. Due to their tiny size
and naturally shod feet, protected beneath by patches of thick, short
hair, halflings are quick and light on their feet. Even the slowest of
these creatures can sneak up behind you without you even noticing, a trait
these creatures have learned in order to survive would-be attackers. Preferring
to hide away in their homes and stay out of sight or contact with any
other races while abroad, halflings generally don't accumulate the level
of wisdom found in the rest of the lands' races.
"Halfling" by Katoni
- Being light in their step, a halfling is always sneaking.
- Their small stature keeps them from being detected. (Halflings can not
be seen via the 'where' command.)
- Curious in nature and quick in sight, halflings can use the 'peek' skill
as well as any thief.
- Stat Mods: Dex: +2,
- Classes: Cleric, Thief, Vampire, Werewolf
Gnomes have dark tan or brown skin and white hair. Gnomes are fantastic artisans, enjoy being pranksters and are well known for their skills at tinkering with various things. They are curious as well as wreckless and equally fond of precious objects as their dwarven cousins. A prank well planned and carried out brings about much admiration among these curious folk.
- Stat Modifications:
Str: -1, Con: +1, Int: +2, Wis: -2
- Available Classes: Cleric, Thief, Warrior, Monk, Shaman
Made from the joining of man and bull, these ancient creatures are often
found guarding various treasures throughout the realms of the land. Born
with massive strength and amazing stamina, these noble beasts can often
live centuries before passing on with only their slow movement, due to
their massive bulk, hindering them. Using the dual horns of their head
they can often temporarily paralyze an enemy with one mighty slam of their
- Headbutt: Causes minor damage & has a 10% chance at stunning an opponent.
- Stat Mods: Str: +1, Wis: +2, Dex: -4, Con: +1
- Classes: Warrior, Druid, Paladin, Vampire, Werewolf, Shaman
Spawned of the fairy folk, elvenkin have commonly been known as some of
the strongest sorcerers in the realms. Born with an above average intelligence
most elves live far beyond the life expectancies of their fellow creatures
of DragonStone. At home in the forests, close to where their magic lay
strongest, elves can tap into the very source of their magical energy,
allowing them to regain their inner pools of magic twice as fast. Though,
long living, those of the elven race tend not to have a below average
stamina when it comes down to physical fights.
"Elf" by Katoni
- Spells cost them only 75% of the normal cost.
- Elves regenerate mana twice as fast as normal.
- Stat Mods: Int: +1, Con: -1
- Classes: Warrior, Thief, Mage, Cleric, Druid, Psionicist, Bard, Ranger, Vampire,
Being very dexterous, pixies are great thieves. They seem to lose out
in matches of physical strength.
- Pixies naturally have the 'fly' spell on at all times.
- Pixies do not use movement points.
- Can't be tripped due to their flying abilities.
- Stat Mods: Dex: +2, Str: -2
- Classes: Thief, Mage, Cleric, Druid, Vampire
As black in soul as the night, known by the races of the realms only as
shadows, these lurkers of the dark are ever present, moving beyond the
eye's range of sight through the darkness. As graceful in movement as
the flow of liquid, shadows are only limited by their lack of independent
thought. Their general dislike of other races keeps them from gaining
the benefits of the wisdom from the individual races throughout DragonStone.
"Shadow" by Coil
- Sidestep: Allows a player to dodge out of the way of an incoming attack.
- Pass Door: Allows a player to pass through some locked doors.
- Stat Mods: Int: -2,
- Classes: Mage, Thief, Psionicist, Vampire, Necromancer
Long hidden within the sanctity of their mountain caves, a race known
in the past only as a myth, lies the civilization of the trolls. Built
with the undying stamina of the mountains they reside in, these green
skinned beasts often grow to obtain a state of health few other races
believed possible. Hindered by their slow intellect and mobility, the
troll society seems to have decided as a whole to rejoin the races of
the realms, moving out of their sanctuaries in numbers reaching high into
- Fast Healing (This allows a player to regenerate hp five times as fast
- Stat Mods: Int: -1, Wis: -1, Dex: -2, Con: +4
- Classes: Cleric, Warrior, Vampire, Werewolf
Nearly as ancient as the immortals themselves, these beings, commonly
referred to as elders, hold a place of high respect among the realms of
DragonStone. They often spend their entire life wandering throughout the
lands, spreading their near infinite wisdom to those they meet and are
constantly seeking new knowledge.
- Elders do not use movement.
- They naturally 'levitate' in the air at all times.
- Due to their floating nature, they cannot be tripped in combat.
- Spells cost 75% of the normal spell cost.
- Elders regenerate mana twice as fast as normal.
- Stat Mods: Wis: +3, Str: -3
- Classes: Mage, Cleric, Druid, Vampire, Necromancer
A race of ghastly abominations, rising from the ground to feed on other
denizens. What they lack in intelligence, wisdom, and dexterity, they
make up for in strength and constitution.
- Immunity to poison
- Damage done to them is reduced by 1/8th.
They poison enemies with each touch lowering a victim's CON statistic.
- Ghouls find food by eating corpses left behind by fallen foes, NOT through
- Ghouls are considered 'undead' and are treated
- Stat Mods: Str: +2, Int: -1, Wis: -1, Dex: -1, Con: +1
- Classes: Warrior, Necromancer, Werewolf
Ghoul" by Katoni
A race with lots of hitpoints, Lizardmen make good fighters. Their offset
to the hitpoints is their lack of speed.
- Lizardmen don't use movement points. (They never tire of walking.)
- Spit: Utilizing the acidic fluids beneath their tongues, lizardmen are
able to excrete a harmful venom often causing temporary blindness or inability
to form the words necessary for casting.
- Stat Mods: Con: +2, Dex: -2
- Classes: Warrior, Ranger, Paladin, Vampire, Werewolf
Also known as Mindflayers, Illithids are a race of spellcasters that usually
live deep underground. Because they are so absorbed by the mind, they
have become very frail of body. They are best suited as Psionicists or
any type of Spellcaster.
- They're able to use the 'mental drain' skill 3 times as fast.
- They are able to cause more damage with the 'mental drain' skill and receive
more mana with each drain.
- Enemies don't get a saving throw vs some spells, so those spells always
do full damage vs an attacker.
Mods: Str: -3, Int: +3, Wis: +2, Con: -2
- Classes: Mage, Cleric, Psionicist, Necromancer
The Drow are a weaker race, but make up for their loss with their speed.
The Drow are good for thieves.
- Drow Fire: Improved Faerie Fire & Incinerate skill attack.
of Darkness: Creatures of the dark, members of the Drow race are able
to cloak their surrounding area in completely darkness, canceling the
effects of any nearby lanterns of spells of magical sight.
Mods: Dex: +1, Str: -1
- Classes: Mage, Cleric, Thief, Warrior, Psionicist, Ranger, Vampire, Necromancer
By far the race with the most hitpoints, demons are some of the best warriors
in the game. Their major downfall is their lack of wisdom.
- Detect Invisibility
- Detect Hidden
- Stat Mods: Con: +4, Wis: -4
- Classes: Warrior, Psionicist, Vampire, Necromancer, Werewolf
Being feline in nature, members of the tabaxi race lack the average level
of intelligence and wisdom found in many of the various DragonStone races.
They make up for it with their uncanny agility and undying stamina.
- If a tabaxi falls, it lands on its feet unless it falls too far.
- Stat Mods: Str: +1, Int: -2, Wis: -2, Dex: +2, Con: +1
- Classes: Cleric, Thief, Warrior, Ranger, Vampire, Monk
These lumbering brutes, although not smart, have great strength, and usually
end up becoming the warriors of DragonStone.
- Ogres naturally have a shield to reduce damage by 1/20th.
- Natural form of enhanced damage (+1 damage per 10 damage done)
- Stat Mods: Str: +3, Int: -3
- Classes: Cleric, Warrior, Vampire, Werewolf